OMG!!!! I know, it's a stupid way to start the entry, but I don't know what else to say. Today, I went to lunch with a friend and went to a restaurant we often would frequent (both before I went on my diet and during). It was as I was eating my lunch today that I began to realize just how much my diet eating has changed. The sad thing is, it used to be much better (while I actually WAS dieting...not this farce I've been trying to convince myself of). What's the proof? Before dieting, I could eat more than one bowl of "unlimited salad", along with a full plate of meal, and probably a mini loaf of bread to myself - with butter. While I was ACTUALLY dieting, I changed the salad to soup (figuring it has fewer calories), allowed myself, maybe 2 slices of bread, but no more than half a loaf, then had HALF of my pasta entree - but made sure to eat all meat (especially since I went with lower calorie shrimp or chicken). Today is a totally different story. I went with the higher calorie option (salad) - although stopping myself at 1 bowl. I had 2-3 pieces of bread with butter, and I almost all of my pasta. I also just realized how much carbs I am actually eating. I NEED to get refocused.
BREAKFAST: toasted tomato sandwich on w.w. bread with margarine and miracle whip, water
SNACK: 6 almonds
LUNCH: house salad, bowtie pasta with shrimp and snowpeas, water
DINNER: 3/4 c. pasta with tomato sauce, 3 oz. steak, water; slice of chocolate cake, espresso coffee, shot of chocolate mudslide, water
Exercise: does walking about 25 min. from car to restaurant (round-trip) count?
No comments:
Post a Comment