Okay, so a little over a year ago, I made a promise to myself...I decided I was going to lose 50 pounds in 10 months. It was a hard process, but one I was proud to say that I lost the amount I wanted and a bit more (about 60 pounds total) and within the time I had given myself.
Since the holidays, I've put on some weight, and I already know that the past few months I've been off track for whatever reason. You know, we've all said it: "I'm too busy", "I'm too stressed", "I can't find the time", or (let's face it): "I just want to take a break".
Well, going on the scale and finding myself above where I was but a week or few days ago thanks to slacking and over indulgence, I am now motivated again to get on track. But getting back down the last few pounds to what I want isn't enough...nor is simply staying where I was. The reality is, I need to have a goal to work towards and something to keep me in check. It is for this reason, I am choosing to use a blog to keep me on track. It is also important to note that if my goal is something I truly feel I cannot achieve, then I won't put my all into it...so, my goal has to feel attainable
Here's the goal.
By June, I want to be down to 155 lbs (give or take 3 lbs). More importantly, I want to get back on track with eating and with my exercise routine. I found that when I was doing regular exercise, I felt better about myself, I didn't get sick as often (which is important in my profession - teaching - being exposed to so many germs by my students), and I was less stressed.
How do I plan to achieve this:
1) I plan on putting myself back on the Curves Weight Management program starting Monday, January 2.
2) I will work out at least 2 times per week at Curves, and 2 times per week at home. The ultimate goal is working out 3 times per week both at home and at the gym, with one day off...but as I'm trying to also balance things in my life, I want to aim for something that is achievable. I may also supplement my workouts with additional cardio/strength training found outside the gym, but the goal will be to work out between 4 and 6 times per week.
I will measure my weight tomorrow morning as my baseline with which to compare myself, and will continue to track my progress on a weekly basis using the medical scale at home (weighing myself on Saturday mornings henceforth).
I will use this blog to record my meals, along with posting thoughts and feelings along this process.
Okay, so I think I have a plan...It all begins tomorrow. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment