Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Mon. Jan 2

Okay, so it has begun... Damn it's hard to get back on track after being tempted by all those things you've been avoiding for over a year (chocolates, cookies, lattes...the list goes on). I'd like to say I stayed focused and never wavered...but I'd be lying. That said, I don't think it was too bad.

Before getting into my "food journal", I also indicated that I would weigh myself in the morning and use that as my baseline to compare myself to on this journey. Much to my surprise, the weight that appeared to be present (sending me on a minor depression cycle) wasn't there after all...weird. That said, my starting weight is 162 pounds. This means that with my goal of 155, for all you math enthusiasts out there, I would have to lose 7 pounds to reach my goal weight. Now, you may be wondering, "Is that even worth it? I mean, that's 7 pounds in 6 months...just over a pound per month". But if you are like me, you know those last 10 pounds are the HARDEST to come off. And, as I said in my first post, my major goal is to maintain the weight loss I've achieved to date (approximately 60 pounds) and to get back into an exercise routine. Trying to balance life and exercise has been a struggle for me this past few months, so that's what I strive to achieve most of all. I am also a bit curious to see if I can get into the 150s...as I don't remember ever being in that weight range for a VERY long time (i.e. in elementary or high school...I'm not even sure which). Breaking below 160 has always been difficult...and hence, the challenge for this new year.


Food journal:

BREAKFAST: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1/2 c. egg creations (cheese and chives), 1 Activia yogurt drink, water; 1 shortbread cookie

SNACK: 1 Greek yogurt (120 cal), water

LUNCH: healthy choices General Tao chicken and rice (300 cal), 2 oz. lobster, water

SNACK: 9 almonds, water

DINNER: small grilled chicken sub from Mr. Sub (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, jalapenos, banana peppers, mushrooms, pickles, sub sauce and southwestern sauce), water; tea

Exercise: 40 min. FIRM workout video

No comments:

Post a Comment