Can I just say that I hate going for a physical, but the bonus this time was that my doctor did a double take when she saw the number on the scale? I have to rewind a bit...last December, I went to see my doctor for my yearly poke and prod, when she turned to me and said I needed to lose weight. I was a little put off by that comment as I had lost about 15 pounds at that point (since the end of October) and was frustrated that she didn't pat me on the back for my efforts. Still, I told myself that she didn't know where I had started...but I hoped that I'd be able to "show her" next time (wow...that reminds me of Dr. Claw...but I digress).
This time, I was prepared. I got on the scale, after she made a comment about it not being fair being weighed in just after the holidays, and she took note of the number on the scale. At first, there was no reaction...until she was going to type the number into my records and she hesitated. She turned to me and said, "Can that be right? You're down about 40 pounds from the last time I weighed you?" I had to smile as I said, "Yep. Actually, it's been about 60 since I started." She then went on to ask me how I did it. It seems strange to me to turn to my doctor and simply said I just watched what I ate and exercised regularly - which also seemed to surprise her. Oh well, it's a nice feeling to be able to shock my doctor and I hope to maintain or stay on track for next year's physical as well.
Food:
BREAKFAST: 1 pkg. instant oatmeal (maple & brown sugar - 170 cal), 1 Activia yogurt drink, 1 shortbread (it was the last one...I swear), water; tea
SNACK: 1 Greek yogurt (120 cal), water
LUNCH: Orange chicken steamer (300 cal), 2 oz. lobster, water
SNACK: 1 med. coffee (double, double...from McDs), water
DINNER: 1/2 c. basmati rice, 3 oz. baked sole, 1 c. brussel sprouts, water; tea with small piece of cake
Exercise: 30 min. circuit training
No comments:
Post a Comment